Monday, August 11, 2008

Sunny's New Dress

McKinley wanted me to fix her sewing machine this weekend. This is what I wound up with. I didn't even have pattern. I'm so proud of myself. I haven't sewn in 10 years. The hardest part was learning how to use a new sewing machine without having the owners manual. Oh, and making the button holes. I had to take the sewing machine outside, so I could watch kids and sew at the same time. I had all these materials saved here and there in different craft boxes.










9 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

This dress is adorable! Wow! You are incredible in every way. These pictures look exactly like you when you were this age. I told Ma on Saturday that Madison reminded me of you when you were her age. You were tiny too and a little bit under the charts, but you caught up after to turn 18 months old. What a cutie and what an AWESOME MOM!;)

sara jackson said...

When are you making Sydney Katya one?? As you know she is running short on dresses. She would LOVE one. She looks best in purple. Great job on the dress. Maybe you can teach me one day.

chesedb said...

How do you find time for this??? So cute. I want one!

Summer said...

Very cute!! So talented :-)

MJN6 said...

I love the dress. My, my you are just too smart. Now you will have to sew something for all of them. Love you DOhDOh

Cheri said...

You need to do some designing in your FREE time!! Madison reminds me of some pictures I've seen of your mom.
Too cute! Cheri

ma said...

You are right Cheri. Madison does look a lot like Brenda when she was a little girl. Brenda was tiny lik Madison too. She is a cutie. LOVE YOU ma

Anonymous said...

You mean you did that dress on that little machine? You are good