Thursday, February 7, 2008

A Problem Solved With Math?

Everyday after I pick up the kids the argueing begins. I know it's mostly because everyone is tired, but It drives me crazy! Someone touched someone and it begins. Anyway, I've decided it's going to stop or at least diminish a little. The usual discipline was not having any long term effects. If they got the spoon, it might last a few minutes. If they got grounded from their TV and computer time, they'd just find something else to do. So, needless to say, I needed something different. I prayed for wisdom and came up with this while driving home with my ears ringing from the whining and fighting. They get One warning ( if I feel they deserve one) after that it's math problems. McKinley gets long division. Brandon gets a multiplication sheet. Madelyn gets an Addition and subtraction sheet. It worked like a charm yesterday, and I've got my sheets all printed out and ready for today. I figure it's a win win situation. Either they'll be really good at math or they'll quit fighting. Fingers are crossed, but I hope and pray this works. If not, I'm going to invest in a case of earplugs.

7 comments:

ma said...

Sounds good to me. Maybe you could package and sell that idea. LOVE YOU ma.

sara jackson said...

Love the idea. You are so creative. Hope it works!!

chesedb said...

Love it!

Summer said...

Wow, that is pretty clever! Hope it works :-)

chesedb said...

Aren't you worried that your kids will start to associate math with punishment?

MJN6 said...

That is GREAT!! I will pass that idea along to some of my friends at school. Love you DOHDOH

Summer said...

Hello, you gotta give us some feedback. Did it work or not??