Saturday, March 8, 2008

"A+ for originality"

As anyone with a lot of children knows, we get a lot of comments on our large broods. I get the usual comments quite often. Such as....."Wow, I can't even handle 1, much less 6!" ....or "Don't ya'll have a TV?"....or "You know what causes that don't you?" ....or "So are you going to have any more?" .....or "I would have already had that taken care of"..... or "How old are you anyway"; but this past weekend Tony's friend (whom I have never met) took the cake. They were talking and suddenly he lets out a whoop. I really wasn't paying any attention; or I would have instinctively known what the whoop was about. He reaches around Tony to where I was standing and starts to shake my hand with great enthusiasm and says, "I've just got to shake your hand. You've got one hell of a uterus!". I, caught quite by surprise, was speechless. And he was gone just as quick as he came. After recounting the story to my mother and sister and to several others, I realized, that part of my body never gets any of the credit for all of these kiddos. So good job uterus! You done good.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That has got to be one for the record. I thought I had heard just about every comment that a person could give relating to that subject, but that one is a new one. I LOVE YOU and Thank you God for giving Charis such a Heave of a Uterus!

sara jackson said...

You are so funny!! That was a great story.

ma said...

I heard you and your Mom had a good laugh after that remark. Takes all kind of people to make the world. LOVE YOU ma

Unknown said...

I meant to say "Heaven of a Uterus" not Heave of a Uterus.

MJN6 said...

You and Summer should write a book on Ten Things Not to Say. Love Doh Doh